Friday, January 16, 2009

UFO's

Look -- What's that? ---- Did you see that? -- 3 circles of light -- Was it a bright light?


NO!!! Your in my sewing room and UFO means Unfinished Object, in this case many unfinished.


My neice Kathy was by Christmas Eve and came into my sewing room and exclaimed, "Wow, look how organized everything is". I of course thought she was being sarcastic (she can be you know) but she was serious. "Man you have alot of fabric, it's like Fabricland in here. (doesn't she know that--she who dies with the most fabric WINS!!!!)
Anyway you don't look up. You look down, on the floor in this corner, or in that box over there. You need what???? I think I have some of that, but I'm not sure which tub to look in.......



Anyone that was at our other house, knows that I had the whole basement for a sewing room as I taught Kids to sew and had quilting classes as well. And Kath was impressed that I got it all down to 1 small bedroom in a 920 square foot house....So am I now that I think about it. (Jime thinks I still have to much stuff---get over it!!!!!!)



Anyway, since I've been out of work. I decided it was long past time to get some of these things finished and Jime's cousin in Kamloops is a quilter and so she does my quilting for me. I figure as long as I have to pay someone to do it, it might as well be her (and she agrees with me)

So from time to time you will see a post called "UFO'S" and it will be another one done.



I got this one finished just as the first snow fell in 2008. Typical timing for me always so far behind I think I'm first. "Leaves are falling"






This wall hanging is called an "Attic Window" and has a matching runner, long enough to fit my side board.






This is "The Nut Cracker" so I thought it only appropriate to start a collection of "Nut Crackers" BECAUSE,(Beth) as you all know, one can never have to many "Collections"



This is my first ever "Christmas Quilt" and in my quilting group(called "The Loose Threads") 13 out of the twenty ladies went in on this "Block Exchange" so what you had to do was make 13 blocks all the same and by a certain date (and anyone that quilts --knows that even 2 the same of anything is pushing it---13????) Then we all exchange blocks and you end up with 12 different blocks and 1 of your own. That is until 3 ladies back out and you end up with 4 of your own (and you would have made the darn quilt smaller by this point instead of making so many blocks.) But in the end doesn't the finished project look awesome!!!! I think so and I just love it....





So all in all, I can say I have had a very productive winter, 2008.




Unfortunately it hasn't even made the slightest dent into the pile of UFO'S (at this point make that noise like a shark is sneakin up on you in the water...da na na na )









This is one that I have had done for years, and put up as part of my decorations every year.

So, until next time.......

4 comments:

b said...

not 'because'...LOL I love all the projects,but especially the leaves and the wreath this time around. You really are sew talented hehe

b said...

oh wait...that quilt is pretty snazzy too..now I don't know which one is my fave..

Anonymous said...

"get over it" the clutter .... did'nt Jim say that to Dorothy too

Anonymous said...

the apple don't fall far from the tree!!!