Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009--wow -- unbefrigginlievable

Another saying of "old people", Boy doesn't time fly.

I'm truly old, because I cannot believe that another year is gone and what a year it was!!!!

Amos & Stephanie, got married Dec 31, 2008. So that was what most of the family did for New Year Celebrations last year.

January 9th, brought the 1st year anniversary of our sisters Muriel's passing. Something we all dealt with in different ways.

January 15th, was the big fire at the Pulp mill, and we were all wondering how badly this would affect our jobs.

February 22, Albert and Liana bought a 2nd house and became "Landlords", so began another "Reno" project. Although this one was done with a lot of love as Ken & Jade were moving into it.

In December they purchased it from Bert & Liana, so now Ken & Jade are 1st time homeowners and the Landlords are no more.

In March my GP, bullied me into having a colonoscopy done, so sent a report to my surgeon. Mostly because I have no medical history (adopted, didn't ya know) and because I'm over 50,

yes sad but true.

Spent a lot of time training, my bosses daughter-in-law for help in the office.

May, I went to the surgeon and was sent for x-rays and scheduled for the "colonoscopy" If you haven't had one done and you have any concerns you should talk with your DR as you have know idea what is lurking in there.

June, the surgeon confirmed that they found a large lump that was almost completely blocking the large intestine, and if this happened then I would literally be full of sh... and that is not a good thing.

July 1st, I got my legs waxed for the very first time!!!! Well.......... I was going in for surgery and would not be able to shower for weeks soooo.....

Surgery happened on July 3rd and went well, they found the lump to be a lypoma (which in our language means fatty mass) although this was a good thing it appears I'm not only fat and lumpy on the outside--but inside too. I was in hospital for a week and when I went home Jody & Jayme came up (thanks Eric) to take care of me, and they did a great job. Friends and family were very gracious to us as they always are in time of need.

The couple of weeks before Jody & Jayme came up, were rather trying for them as they had a black bear rip apart the chicken coup and have a feast, Reo Rafting Resort (up the way from them-hillbilly talk)had a fire and lost all the Resort stuff (spa, sauna,buildings, that kind of stuff) and then a tornado went through the valley??? I know....... there are pictures to prove it. And then....... just the night before Jody was to come up they were helping a young woman leave a "situation" when Eric (who is strapped into his vehicle by his seat belt) gets attacked. Well enough said, needless to say Jody actually needed the break more than coming to take care of me but I'm so glad to have had her. (it gave Sherry a break also) They stayed for a week and then took a side trip on the way home to go the Drummheller so Jayme could go to the Dinosaur Museum.

My brother came a couple times that summer and my Dad & Dorothy came up also. Kyle got up for the wedding of the Century so I had all my family this summer. It was great.

Ken & Jade had a "Medieval Themed Wedding" out at Vivian Lake, and thanks to Liana (& Bert) it truly was the wedding of the Century.(well Carmen & Jeremiah's had done this also --what year?)

This was only one of 3 weddings (3 weekends in a row)

I was scheduled to go back to work by the middle of September and because work was so slow, I was cut back to 3 hours a day. Well I wasn't getting up every morning for that so I told my boss that I would have to be looking for another job. EI even said I didn't need to go back for that, so I've been unemployed since then. So ended my career as receptionist/assistant at that company. I wonder what I will do next????

Laura won a trip for 4, to Disneyland so they left for a week in the beautiful and oh so warm California. A trip of a lifetime, but they want to save up to go again.

October,being cancer awareness month brought us very aware as our Liana had found a lump with her very 1st mammogram and had a biopsy which they found to be cancer and she is now going through some treatment. The day after her biopsy, found her attending my Uncle Steve's funeral as he had passed away the week before. A very sad time for us all round.

November, brought a very scary situation to Jody Eric, and Jayme as they were awakened about 4:00 am with noises outside. To make a very long story short........after an hour or so they managed to shoot one of the 4 grizzles trying to get into their trailer and got into the truck and got .... outta there. Boy do I have a headache.

Eric & Jody, have started to build their cabin but as of yet it isn't ready to move into. Around the 22nd of November, Jime and Kyle both went to help Eric do some work on the cabin to try and get it move in able. Got a bit closer.

December and L & L are going away for the weekend.... see blog-Hockey Mom.

Still have headache, for 3 weeks now, finally go to the Dr and she asks me if I'm under any stress. I tell her I don't think so and then promptly break out in tears... she said that she disagrees with me (go figure)and tells me to go and buy "Robaxacet"(not meant as an ad) And just what the heck is that gonna do, I'm thinkin.... Do I need to find a new Dr??? Has this one "quacked" I buy the robaxacet and whaalaa. Headache is gone. Don't need a new Dr. Just take the muscle relaxant and tension leaves and uuhhhhh! the relief.

Dec 13th, I'm in pain. Nothing like I've felt before. Just under the rib cage on the right. For 5 days I stubbornly suffer. (I really should try to go and see a Dr quicker....what up with that) Go to the Dr and she runs a trillion tests and books me for an ultrasound for the following Monday. Well by now you know the rest of the story----Gallstones!!!! Previous blog.

Dec 20th weekend had Jime & Kyle making another trip (Jody got finished insulating)and this time they got Jayme's loft space all the gyproc up. Closer still.

Dec 30th, and my Dr phones me....... can I come into her office anytime today before noon. What the heck.... It appears that one of the tests she ran came back positive for, H.pylori infection and duodenal ulcer. To you and me that is an infection in the stomach that can, but not always, cause ulcers. So medicine that came to $105.00 should take care of it. Same surgeon will take care of this problem.

Have I said "growing old sucks" ....I did? Oh ya, Well it still does.

I can hardly wait for the "Golden years" and if there is anything left of me I may enjoy them.

Last night, New Year's Eve, had Sherry and some friends over and I became very exhausted watching them play on the Wii Fit and doing the Dance, Dance Revolution (again not meant as an advertisement).

So what will this next year bring???
Well it appears mine will start with more trips to Drs and surgery.

We will have to take it one day at a time just like every other year.

So my prayer is for you all to be Healthy, Happy, and most of all, spend time with family and friends, as they are the most precious gift we have been given.

God Bless us everyone!!!

1 comment:

Liana said...

"Cheers!" I say, with Neo Citron in hand ready to wash down my own concoction of pills: Dixoral, Tylenol, Quinapril, Ranitidine and Tamoxifen. ... all foreign words to me eight months ago.

Cheers to us!